“I’m like my mother, I stereotype.. It’s faster”
- George Clooney, Up in the Air
We all live by our ideas about the things we own, about the
world around us, about people, and most of all, about ourselves. These are all theories
and get manifested as stereotypes, judgments, love, hate, every action has many
layers of theories applied.
Love:
My love is pristine. I think he’s the one.
My love is pristine. I think he’s the one.
You watched porn!? OH MY GOD!!
First comes interest-there’s talking, getting to know each
other, and becoming more and more curious. Then flirting, touching,
sensuousness and then wild, hot sexuality. That’s not sustainable though, so it
dies down a little and a gap appears where you don’t know how to take it
forward. If that phase passes, though, acceptance, trust and respect and then
mature love follow.
Self:
I don’t litter- I throw all plastic in the
dustbin.
Cigarette buds can be thrown on the ground though- they’re
biodegradable.
I am righteous. I’m ethical. I can’t do anyone harm. I am
just, and a good person, people love me. Yet sometimes we can’t help but hate
ourselves. Sometimes we can be a little hypocritical, or feel weak and give in
to things we never thought we would.
God:
I didn’t get what I wanted,
there is no god.
Bhagwaan, please same shehar me rakh
dena, aapko salary ke 5% ki bhent chadhaunga
My parents tell me daily to adopt religion. Yet they agree
that when they grew up, first came indifference as a child, atheism as an adolescent,
agnosticism when they were in their prime, qualified acceptance when they
became adults and finally, blind devotion when they became old.
People:
She’s looking at me. She's nice. I think she has a crush on me.
Next day she’s looking at someone else- bitch!
First impressions don’t last forever! You come closer to a
person you see as a hardhead, and they look more sensitive than you first
thought. You come closer to a nice person and you see they have their own problems. People change their theories, their attitudes change, their behavior changes, and others theories of them change.
Theories of science, of nature, of anything- are just that-
theories, not fact. A single event can change a theory or make it invalid. A theory that is valid today may be
completely false tomorrow. We can’t be disappointed if our theory doesn’t always
fit. Change is the only constant. We need to embrace it with an open heart!
Topic did sound boring, I have to admit. But you have done amazing justice to the whole concept of theory coz I believe everyone has one theory or another.
ReplyDelete