We all know that humans are a racist lot. There's no doubt about it. But do you see how serious the problem is?
Think about this: All very famous or very pretty superheroes wear either red or blue- Superman, spiderman, Captain America, even fucking Shaktimaan and Chacha Chaudhari with his red turban.
The only other superhero-like colour is green- TMNT, Green Lantern, Hulk. See a pattern? These superheroes are either not so famous or really really ugly!
What message are we subconsciously feeding our future generations?
I'm not saying red and blue should be struck out and replaced by green for better equity and for the earth's future.
But that we have fixed notions about every thing. Red is the colour of action, of red roses, of love, of power. Blue is the colour of imagination, of tranquillity, of calm composure, of independence.
Green, though is an ugly duckling. It is gooey, flubbery material oozing out of radioactive stuff. It is the colour of sickness and decay. (It's also seen as green signal lights and environment, but then these things are not sensational enough, definitely not your first thought when you think green. That has to be ugly.)
We are a very biased race. Theyr just colours!
Ps: I love green. Half my shirts are green. But yesterday found that people who like green are cautious and not likely to trust others :D
I recently wanted to buy new shirts, and my girl convinced me to get a red and a maroon shirt. Both I love, so I might become more passionate and aggressive soon. But fck, I feel manipulated!
Why did you buy those shirts? Oh, your girl must have put a knife on your throat and made you buy it!!! I know these girls today..
ReplyDeleteThe shirts were awesome.. I like her choices!
ReplyDelete