Saturday, April 13, 2013

Odd, Strange and Weird

Coins, stamps, comic books, paintings. What do they all have in common? Well, if you couldn't get that one, then you should get yourselves a hobby. Human beings love collecting things they find amusing and what I think is universally amusing is MONEY (no one gets tired of collecting, #UncleScrooge).

Do you remember the famous TV sitcom starring Elizabeth Montgomery, Bewitched in which the character Aunt Clara collected door knobs. In that case, CID's Daya should collect doors ;).

If you still haven't figured it, let me blurt it out to you. I am going to tell you about the most craziest collections people own. We will keep the best and my favorite for the last.

People have blogged about collecting pain, joy and injuries besides regular coins and stamps. The famous and sexy Britney Spears collects antique dolls. Wow, looks like someone's got fantasies. The hottie Depp, Johnny collects pigeon skeletons. I wonder which country's national bird is pigeon. On the other hand, Tom Hanks collects typewriters. Well, who had thought he'd be Lost in Translation? If you folks believe that Angelina Jolie can cut through your heart, you aint too far. After all, she had a collection of antique knives when she divorced Billy Bob. Before moving on from celebrities, let me warn them. Hey famous guys, not-so-celebrated-people collect your hair too. Yes, one of the top 6 weirdest items collected by people is celebrity hair.

If you think that's eew, my dear friends you haven't seen enough. There exists an Air Sickness Bag Virtual Museum. This catalogs more than 2,000 photos of air sickness bags from all over the world. Apparently Virgin Atlantic airlines in 2004 started a "Design for Chunks" project asking artists to submit their ideas for limited edition barf bags. Still not puking? Texas artist Barney Stinson Smith makes his art on toilet seats and already has created over 700 lids.

I am sure by now you must be wondering if I collect something. Yes, I have my own collection of stamps and coins. I know, I know, its boring! I do have a growing collection of shoes. Ofcourse it cannot match Imelda Marcos' 1,060 pairs of shoes unless someone else is willing to finance it.

But as you see the items that are collected vary from shitty stuff like navel fluff to exquisite paintings or works of a particular author. So the next thing you put your eyes on, start collecting!

Oh, I almost forgot. The most interesting and my favorite is the collection of beer bottle cap by the not-so-famous yet highly talented ME. Ofcourse, its a very HIGH level collection as it grows.

#Ilovemyself
#Beerrocks

1 comment:

  1. Collecting joy and pan.. Sounds interesting!
    The beer collection has a new addition :) kf strong

    ReplyDelete